Hours: Monday through Friday 9 A.M. to 4 P.M. Closed holidays.
Powers and Duties of the Municipal Clerk (N.J.S.A. 40A:9-133 e.)
The municipal clerk shall:
(1) act as secretary to the municipal corporation and custodian of the municipal seal and all minutes, books, deeds, bonds, contracts and archival records of the municipal corporation. The governing body may, however, provide by ordinance that any other specific officer shall have custody of any specific other class of record;
(2) act as secretary to the governing body, prepare meeting agenda at the discretion of the governing body, be present at all meetings of the governing body, keep a journal of the proceedings of every meeting, retain theoriginal copies of all ordinances and resolutions, and record the minutes of every meeting;
(3) serve as the chief administrative office in all elections held in the municipality, subject to the requirements of Title 19 of the Revised Statutes;
(4) serve as the chief registrar of voters in the municipality, subject to the requirements of Title 19 of the Revised Statutes;
(5) serve as the chief administrative officer responsible for the acceptance of applications for licenses and permits, except where statute or municipal ordinance has delegated that responsibiloity to some other municipal officer;
(6) serve as coordinator and records manager responsible for implementing local archives and records retention programs as mandated pursuant to Title 47 of the Revised Statutes;
(7) perform such other duties as are now or hereafter imposed by statute, regulation or by municipal ordinance or regulation.